20 Sep Best Reasons To Add Videos To Your WordPress Blog
There are many bloggers – especially new ones – who find adding videos to their blog a hassle. There are those that add content, put in images and then publish their blogs immediately without adding a video. This is practice is alright. In fact, many blogs and content are created this way.
But before you continue, you should seriously consider learning how to add videos to your WordPress site. Here are some of the best reasons why you should add videos to your posts:
- Over 5 billion people watch videos on YouTube every day.
- Users watch over 100 million hours of videos on Facebook per day.
- 82% of people who use Twitter watch videos on the platform.
- The average user spends 88% more time on a website with video.
- 70% of marketing professionals are actively optimizing video for SEO.
- 43% of marketers agree that they would create videos if there were no obstacles like budget, resources and time.
- 65% of users watch more than ¾ of a video.
- Over 90% of viewers agree that videos are useful during the decision making process.
- Adding a video increases email clicks by 300%.
- Adding video on a landing page increases conversion rate by 80%.
- 64% of shoppers are likely to buy a product after watching a video.
Clearly, the above stated statistics highlight the importance of adding videos to your blog or website.
Benefits Of Video Marketing
If the stats don’t impress you, here is a quick list of the benefits of video marketing.
- Videos increases brand awareness tenfold. A good example is the Dollar Shave Club YouTube video which went viral and generated 12,000 orders within two days. Four years later, the company was bought by Unilever for $1 billion.
- YouTube can help you reach more users. YouTube and social media websites can promote your content more actively to reach more audience. Aside from this, it can also help you find targeted audience so that your brand benefits today and in the future.
- Videos can help provide clearer product demonstrations which can result in more purchases.
- You’re 50 times more likely to land in the first page of Google if you have videos. This means that videos can help improve search rankings.
- Video helps you achieve faster ROI.
- It also has the ability to build emotional connections and trust because it evokes emotions provided you do your work.
- Leads to more conversions.
- Compliments the rest of your content allowing you to provide users better experience on your WordPress site.
Video can help you penetrate the market. Unfortunately, competition is stiff so you need to keep producing quality content or share the latest industry-standard video to stay ahead of the competition.
The first step is to learn how to add videos to your WordPress site. A Sydney WordPress Development Company can provide awesome designs that are SEO friendly and with amazing functionality.