30 May Best Reasons To Use WordPress For Ecommerce Site
Ecommerce is growing strongly and is continuing its ascent. According to statistics almost 45% of websites are ecommerce and it’s obvious that more and more people are using the internet for their shopping needs. Since 2012, the number of people who shop online is on the rise and today there is an estimated $1.92 million ecommerce sales worldwide.
Online stores need an ecommerce platform to function. There are many platforms available and the most popular is WooCommerce which is used by 32% of ecommerce stores. It is followed by Magento (18%), Open Cart (11%) and Shopify (8%).
Why Is WooCommerce So Popular?
You’re probably wondering why WooCommerce is so popular. This is because it is the ecommerce extension of WordPress, the most popular content management system (CMS) in the world. This means that there are a lot of WordPress users who have ecommerce shops and WooCommerce is the most suitable solution for them.
Here are the advantages of using WordPress
- It’s free.
- Lets you add unlimited products and attributes.
- Works on all devices.
- Once installed, it’s all yours. It is also customizable so you can control everything the way you want ti.
- Easy to install and use.
- It allows you to provide user ratings and reviews so that you can give your customers the freedom to rate your products.
- It’s the practical solution if you have a WordPress site.
- Does not come with free hosting.
- WooCommerce is a plugin that only works on WordPress.
- Non-WordPress users can find it hard to work with WooCommerce. You need a host, install WordPress, choose a theme that’s compatible with WooCommerce and then install WooCommerce.
- The plugin is free but it can become expensive to set up the store.
WooCommerce is not a standalone plugin. It is an extension of WordPress. This is different from other platforms like Shopify, Magento and OpenCart.
Why Is Using WordPress Is Beneficial?
WordPress is a good option compared to other platforms like Joomla and Drupal. It has a market share of 67% even though it started out as a blogging platform.
Nowadays you can use WordPress to create any type of website including ecommerce unlike Magento, Shopify and OpenCart which can be used for something else.
WordPress also lets users have total control of the website. You can also combine your online store with other types of websites such as blogs, corporate pages, portfolios, etc. aside from the thousands of plugins, themes, tools and integration with other devices that are available. WordPress is compatible with almost anything on the web. Best of all, WordPress is available for free. However, there are also cheap and premium versions available.
This is very different from platforms like Magento for example. Magento is for professionals and has a more complicated interface. WordPress is easy to use, user friendly for newbies and comes with an intuitive interface.
We know that WooCommerce’s other competitors excel in other things. However, they lack an some important factors: it’s free, gives you great control over the CMS, is user friendly for beginners and gives option to become a multipurpose site to advance users.
A Sydney WordPress Web Designer can help you create intuitive sites so that you can realize your ecommerce dream.